Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Rough Morning

The other day my two year old was having a very rough day.  It started right away with her not happy about the clothes my wife picked out for her and was even madder when my wife combed and tied up her hair into pony tails.  Many times we sit her in the sink in the bathroom because it limits her mobility when doing her hair.  Styling the hair of a moving child is next to impossible.  My two year old, in her "everyone in the world is against me" tantrum was having nothing to do with sitting quietly.  She screamed for awhile, but then, against the better judgment of anyone sitting in a sink, decided it would be interesting to turn the faucet on.

So she did and stared at the steady stream of water as it washed over her skirt and leggings, soaking them completely through to her diaper.  The expression on her face was priceless!  It was this what have I done, what do I do now, someone please help me look!  She learned very quickly that water is wet and it's no fun sitting in soaked clothes.  Will she learn from this experience and sit calmly while we do her hair in the future?  Probably not, but that's the life of a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment